* = sheared salmon sperm DNA
# = Bovine Serum Albumin
1. Dry touch off transfers with DNA in DMSO
are not very reproducible with either coated or uncoated pd for
both coated FP3S500 Slot Pins. This may be due to small percentage of
2. Increasing the concentration of DNA
did not significantly affect the volume of Tris buffer (aqueous) transferred by
either coated and uncoated FP3S500 Slot Pins.
3.Increasing the concentration of BSA
significantly decreases the volume of Tris buffer transferred by both coated
and uncoated FP3S500 Slot Pins.
4. Hydrophobic coated FP3S500 Slot Pins
transferred slightly less DMSO - DNA and less Tris DNA and less Tris BSA than the
uncoated FP3S500 Slot Pins.
5. Both coated and uncoated FP3S500 pins
transfer significantly more aqueous solution than DMSO.
6. Coated FP3S500 pins had higher CV's than
did uncoated pins.
Follow this link for more data on
liquid to dry transfers.